Distinctive and Therapeutic Care Delivered in a Calm and Peaceful Environment
The Manor at Lake Jackson is a community that meets the unique needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s. By creating a simpler world that moves at a slower, more structured pace, we minimize confusion and anxiety. The Manor is designed to enhance residents’ social, cognitive, physical and emotional abilities through social interaction with others at the same stage of progression, and appropriate environmental features. We provide care through all stages of Alzheimer’s, including accessing hospice care.
The Manor at Lake Jackson caters to the needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease with custom programs designed to suit each resident’s needs. For individuals in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, the Program Coordinator may conduct cognitive and memory games, and exercise therapy. These and similar activities help Alzheimer’s residents maintain interaction with their community, enhance their memory skills, and increase their physical abilities. Individuals in later stages of the disease may participate in touch therapy and aromatherapy to increase their sensory abilities and help them recall special memories.
The Manor residents also benefit from physicians who provide primary and specialty care. In addition, physical, occupational and speech therapy services, as well as laboratory and other diagnostic procedures, are available on-site through local providers.
Our residents receive a full range of services, including:
- Delicious home-cooked meals prepared by our chefs and approved by a licensed nutritionist
- Menu options available at each meal, including alternatives for special dietary requirements
- Beauty and barbering services
- Cooking activity using favorite recipes and familiar tasks
- Guided art classes to provide expression through crafts and painting
- Gardening with wheelchair-accessible raised planter boxes
- Medication management though an on-site LPN and Resident Care Aides
- Weekly housekeeping, linens, and personal laundry service
- Special entertainment and events
- Nutrition tracking and special dietary accommodations
- Reminiscence programs featuring tasks in familiar settings